There are few industries that are as dynamic as the digital marketing industry.
Driven by the incredible pace of technological advancement in the digital age, the number of companies specializing in the many different disciplines under digital marketing umbrella has mushroomed in recent years.
As when any industry starts to grow at an exponential rate, there follows a corresponding boom in the market for opinions.
Today, wannabe marketing gurus are just about everywhere you look, each of whom claims to offer their own groundbreaking advice (for a fee, of course) on the optimum way to turn your digital marketing agencies into a market leader.
The digital marketing marketplace for ideas is now so saturated that it’s almost impossible to tell the experts from the phonies.
To help you cut through the noise, we recommend to follow along with those who you can be sure know what they’re talking about.
For this reason, we’ve decided to put together a list of the Top 25 Best Quotes from some of the top marketing minds in the digital marketing space.
- “Banners have 99 problems and a click ain’t one.” ~ Scott Sorokin
- “Content Marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” ~ Jon Buscall
- “Content marketing is the only marketing left.” ~ Seth Godin
- “Stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” ~ Craig Davis
- “Make your customer the hero of your stories.” ~ Ann Handley
- “Your brand is so much more than what you sell.” ~ Jon Iwata
- “Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department.”~ David Packard
- “The buyer journey is nothing more than a series of questions that must be answered.” ~ IDC
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek
- “Market like the year you are in!” ~ Gary Vaynerchuck
- “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” ~ Seth Godin
- “Content is king, but distribution is queen and she wears the pants.” ~ Jonathan Perelman, Buzzfeed
- “Content is the atomic particle of all digital marketing, says @Lieblink”~ Rebecca Lieb
- “Make your marketing so useful, people will pay you for it.” ~ Jay Baer
- “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” Andrew Davis
- “Help your customers and you help your business.” ~ Leo Burnett
- “Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.” ~ Milan Kundera (Knowledge drop: Most people attribute the above quote to Peter Drucker who clearly borrowed from the author of The Unbearable Lightness of Being when he said: “Because it is its purpose to create a customer, any business enterprise has two – and only these two – basic functions: marketing and innovation.” But Milan said it first. So here’s another good one from Peter…)
- “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
- “The sole purpose of marketing is to sell more to more people, more often and at higher prices. There is no other reason to do it.” ~ Sergio Zyman
- “What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form.” ~ David Ogilvy
- “The consumer is not a moron, she’s your wife.” ~ David Ogilvy (not sure this one stands the test of time. Blame Kessler in the comments. He made me add it!)
- “The aim of marketing is to make selling superfluous.” ~ Peter Drucker
- “If you have more money than brains you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing.” ~ Guy Kawasaki
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Marketing takes a day to learn and a lifetime to master.” ~ Phil Kolter
Did you find this list helpful? If so, please do us a favor and share it!
Pin this graphic to Pinterest to save for later!