Struggling to get into that perfect groove with your work? Don’t worry, you’re far from alone.
There is hardly a person on this earth who doesn’t know what it feels like to be obsessively drawn to their cellphone when they know that they should be working instead.
The truth is that the digital age has made it much more difficult for us to concentrate on getting down to hard work.
With just the click of a button, we can now lose ourselves in whole new worlds of sport, gossip and entertainment that simply weren’t there to distract our forbearers.
So, how do the world’s most successful people manage to stay focused on being productive?
Is there some secret that they all know but which eludes the rest of us?
Luckily for you, we’ve put together the following list of the Top 25 Most Inspiring Productivity Quotes of all time from some of the most successful people in the world.
1. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos, Amazon
2. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest sources of learning.” – Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
3. “The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.” – Marc Benioff, Salesforce CEO
4. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki, founder of AllTop
5. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh, Zappos CE
6. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” – Jason Fried, founder of 37signals
7. “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.” – Walt Disney, co-founder of Disney
8. “You can never be satisfied as an entrepreneur, and the basis of any successful, growing business is new clients.” – Robert Herjavec, businessman, investor, and author
9. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance
10. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
11. “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.” – Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s
12. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, Apple
13. “If you want to be an entrepreneur, it’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle. It defines you. Forget about vacations, about going home at 6pm – last thing at night you’ll send emails, first thing in the morning you’ll read emails, and you’ll wake up in the middle of the night. But it’s hugely rewarding as you’re fulfilling something for yourself.” – Niklas Zennstrom, co-founder Skype and Kazaa
14. “The thing most people don’t pick up when they become an entrepreneur is that it never ends. It’s 24/7.” – Robert Kiyosaki, author, motivational speaker, radio personality
15. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
15. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
17. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban, Chairman of AXS TV, Owner of Landmark Theaters
18. “A successful entrepreneur can’t be afraid of failures or setbacks. An initial setback can be a great opportunity to take a new and more promising approach to any problem, to come back stronger than ever.” – John Roos, lawyer and ambassador for the US
19. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos, Amazon Founder and CEO
20. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston, Dropbox Co-Founder and CEO
21. “Fail often so that you can succeed sooner.” – Tom Kelley, Ideo Partner
22. “Everyone is an entrepreneur. The only skills you need to be an entrepreneur: an ability to fail, an ability to have ideas, to sell those ideas, to execute on those ideas, and to be persistent so even as you fail you learn and move onto the next adventure.” – James Altucher, hedge fund manager, author, podcaster
23. “User experience is everything. It always has been, but it’s undervalued and underinvested in. If you don’t know user-centered design, study it. Hire people who know it. Obsess over it. Live and breathe it. Get your whole company on board.” – Evan Williams, Co-Founder of Twitter
24. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, Apple
25. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell, entrepreneur
Did you find this list helpful? If so, please do us a favor and share it!
Pin this graphic to Pinterest to save for later!