Achieving the goals that we set for ourselves in life is rarely ever plain sailing.
Navigating the obstacles that can litter our path to realizing our ambitions may at times seem like an insurmountable task.
At times when you are feeling like getting where you want to be is an increasingly lonely uphill battle, it often pays to remember that we are not alone in adversity.
Even the bravest and most successful figures in history had to overcome setbacks and self-doubt to dodge the considerable curve-balls that life threw at them.
No matter who you are, there will always come a time when you are in need of a little extra motivation.
Don’t miss: Top 25 Motivational Podcasts for 2020
Luckily for us, the motivational words of some of the most inspirational people ever to have lived have been immortalized in the form of quotes.
Here are a few of the best motivational quotes to help inspire you when you most feel like giving up.
1. “the pessimist sees a difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
3. “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Mohsin Jameel
4. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
5. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
6. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
7. “Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Wishing is not enough; We must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
8. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
9. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
10. “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
11. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
13. “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
14. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
15. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Brian Tracy
16. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
17. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
18. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
19. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
20. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
21. “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
22. “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” – Les Brown
23. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.” – Lifehack
24. “Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life.” – Tony Robbins
25. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Did you find this list helpful? If so, please do us a favor and share it!
Pin this graphic to Pinterest to save for later!