It’s no secret that having a solid routine is the best way to optimize your day.
As a matter of fact, some of the most successful people in the world are those who have set daily routines that they follow day in and day out.
Having a daily routine will help you to stay productive and stay on track, while also optimizing your day so that you can get everything you need to do done and then some.
Read to get started?
Let’s begin by breaking up the day into three sections, one for each routine.
- Morning Routine
- Afternoon Routine
- Evening Routine
Morning routines set you off on the right foot for the day, afternoon routines keep you feeling productive, and evening routines help you wind down.
Now, remember you are only human. Maybe you won’t stick to your outlined routine every single day, and that’s okay.
However, it’s recommended to create a daily routine worksheet filled with activities, habits and maybe even some new skills to learn that will help keep you motivated.
Daily Routine Worksheet
This worksheet is simple to make using Google Sheets or whichever alternative method you prefer.
If you follow these daily routine activities, you will see a major difference in your mindset.
Feel free to add your own ideas to the list as well.
- Wake up early and plan ahead. What’s on the agenda for the day?
- Identify your major To-Do’s so you can knock them out in order of priority.
- Work out. Exercise can be a great way to add a boost to your morning.
- Family time, breakfast. Remember that communication is essential.
- Meditate. Even if it’s just for five minutes, meditation will help keep you grounded.
- Take a break. Stretch. Walk around.
- Refocus. Check on that To-Do list and see how much you’ve accomplished.
- Sit still. Maybe for 5 minutes just recenter yourself during your lunch break.
- Be grateful. What’s a non material thing you are grateful for? Jot it down.
- How was your day? Maybe journal about your highs and lows.
- Celebrate your progress for the day with a glass of wine or your favorite snack. You did it!
- Start prepping for the following morning.
Utilizing Your Daily Routine Worksheet
As you can see, there are many ways to utilize your daily routine worksheet.
You can print it out, write it down on a dedicated notepad, use a dry erase board to keep track of your progress and more.
As you go throughout the day, cross out what you have done so far. There’s a lot of benefits to crossing out your lists, and it sure is satisfying.
You could even create a reward system for yourself, giving yourself that reward as you finish each step of your routine.
The possibilities are endless.
Once you have a solid daily routine down, you will begin to feel that your life is improving and that your overall outlook on life will be filled with optimism and positivity.
If you have a daily routine of your own that you would like to share, please leave a comment below.
Pin this graphic to Pinterest to save for later!