Creativity is one of the most sought-after qualities in business today.
The ability to think outside the box when it comes to innovative problem-solving is now recognized as one of the human resources that ultimately determines the success or failure of a company or project.
As a result of this realization, industry-leading companies like Apple and Google now prize creativity above all else in their recruitment process.
This presents somewhat of a problem for most people.
Maybe it’s something to do with the way that our education systems work, but so many of us grow up with a dim view on our own ability to be creative.
This is a shame because there isn’t a person that has ever lived that didn’t have the capacity to create.
All you have to do is look at kids playing in a schoolyard to understand that creativity is an innate human trait that is common to all of us.
To help you get in touch with your creative side, we’ve put together the following list of creativity quotes from some of the greatest thinkers from the past and present.
1. “Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” Albert Einstein
2. “Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent, with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play.” Henri Matisse
3. “Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye.” Dorothy Parker
4. “Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world.” Brene Brown
5. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
6. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.” Steve Jobs
7. “The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf
8. “To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.” Joseph Chilton Pearce
9. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” Mary Lou Cook
10. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” Maya Angelou
11. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.” Scott Adams
12. “Creative people do not see things for what they are; they see them for what they can be.” Julie Israel
13. “Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” Edward de Bono
14. “Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.” Pablo Picasso
15. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will.” George Bernard Shaw
16. “Creativity requires courage to let go of certainty.” Erich Fromm
17. “Creativity is more than just being different. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” Charles Mingus
18. “Creativity is the power to act.” Ai Weiwei
19. “Energy is the key to creativity. Energy is the key to life.” William Shatner
20. “What is creative living? Any life that is driven more strongly by curiosity than by fear.” Elizabeth Gilbert
21. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” Anonymous
22. “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” Anonymous
23. “Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.” Cecil B. DeMille
24. “We are all creative beings.” Maya Fiennes
25. “Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.” Donatella Versace
Did you find this list helpful? If so, please do us a favor and share it!
Pin this graphic to Pinterest to save for later!